FORREST – Forest Regeneration and Environmental Sustainability Trust, was born on OCT 2015. It is registered as a not-for-profit organization (NGO). We conceptualized FORREST to strengthen the bond between humans and nature and to create a path for harmonious co-existence.
FORREST is strategically focusing on Aichi Biodiversity targets through work by-
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity
- Promoting sustainable use of resources
- Conservation of habitats through research & action
- Ecosystem Services Evaluation
- Knowledge management and capacity building of the stakeholders
FORREST logo symbolizes its vision.
- F is depicted as a tree and as a forest ecosystem. It represents our diverse and rich flora and fauna and FORRREST’s goal of forest conservation.
- Rs are represented as humans and one with green dot over it, depicts environmental consciousness.
- Rs signify humans as integral part of ecosystem and FORREST’s goal for integrated ecosystem management.
- Water represents our aim of water conservation.
- Green and brown colours connect to mother earth